Rescue your look from the “Winter Blues”…..try a bold cobalt blue eye shadow with a nude lip or a nude eye and magenta lip. Bold, Beautiful and Cool, just like the weather.
Cobalt Blue Eye Tip:
- Use a shadow base or black eyeliner all over the eye to make the color more bold.
- Great blue colors to try are: Plumage by MAC, Celestial Blue by Ben Nye, HIP Studio Secrets by Loreal in Showy
- Skip the actual liner on top to “line the eye” as you normally would, let the statement of the shadow be the statement.
- Try using the shadow underneath the eye instead of a dark liner to keep the look continuous on the top and bottom. Use a white liner to rim the under eye lid to brighten the eye.
Tips for Magenta Lips:
- Keep the eye very basic. Light shadow, no liner and mascara
- Prime the lip area with a concealer and pat with translucent powder.
- Line the lips with a slightly darker liner and fill in the whole lip. Again, set with powder. This will keep it on longer.
- Apply lip color and blot…touch the center of the bottom lip with a shiny gloss to make the lip appear fuller.
- Tap with the index finger the lip color and lightly pat a little color on apples of cheeks to bring the color slightly into the face.
- Great colors to try: PK359 by Shu Uemura, Rouge Volupte formula in Provocative Pink by YSL, or Revlon #745 in Super Lustrous formula