It is almost that time of year again! 7 days til the official start of Mardi Gras! I know you are prob thinking….“what does that have to do with makeup?”. Well, in the makeup world we LOVE Halloween….what is the next best thing where people wear lavish costumes, masks, prosthetics and pretend to be someone they are not? You guessed it! If you are lucky enough to travel to New Orleans to catch the parades and live performances yourself or just attending a Mardi Gras party at home, MAKEUP can be an easy and cheap way of getting into the spirit of the “Carnival”.
1. Try to paint some fun designs with face paint from your local craft store. Remember Purple, Green and Gold are the official colors of Mardi Gras.
2. Stencil on your face with eyeliner or water based paints, stars, moons and music notes. You can do this with the kids for a fun activity.
3. Girls, if your going to a party try using Purple and Green eyeshadow instead of brown!!! Amp it up and maybe even try false lashes…why not?
4. Glitter it up!!! The more glitter the better in this case!
5. Just wear a simple mask to fit right into theme and add mystery.
Those are just a few suggestions. Escape from your everyday lives, try some Mardi Gras inspired makeup and enjoy the two weeks if excitement by bringing the “Big Easy” wherever you are!